View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Owning an old Merc as a cruiser? Other options?

I haven't had a cruiser for many years due to kids/work/life but been keeping my eye on the market for a V8 for a while. I watched the prices of ZG/ZH fairlanes go from $3-5k to $15-20k and ZC/ZD fairlanes from $20k to $40k so I missed the boat on them!!! Even the Valiants are $15k+ for something V8.

I went for a cruise with a few mates and their cars last night and it was awesome, got me fired up to check out what's on the market again. My budget is $10k and would prefer V8 but not sure if my budget would get that.

I have been checking out the 60/70s Mercedes and they seem to be great value. Lots of chrome, comfy interiors and plenty seem to be in good condition for easily under $10k - $10-15k will get you a one owner clean example. Some have even had 302W transplants done which would be great.

Anyone owned one or played with one? I remember someone on here had a W123 ? model and was putting a V8 into it.

Any other options? I'm not a brand snob so will look at anything. Must have 5 seats with seatbelts, fit my 198cm body in it and be V8(possibly consider a 6). Prefer a steel bumper car, something that is pretty standard. Not too fussed on paint but needs to be reasonable and not cop bait or a pile of ****. And the missus has to approve!!!

Something like this would be perfect if it was here in WA:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...6418992/?Cr=22
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote