View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #20
LimeGlaze
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't value that argument as a valid reason for the current setup though - aside example of the person out there to scam. Everyone has a right to alter their price for their goods offered - mostly it's an alteration lower than the original price, the fact that you can't simply alter your first post to not only adjust price, but also include infomation that may be beneficial to buyers, or frequently asked further down a thread, to me is a step backwards. I've never bought or sold anything with out either calling, PM'ing or emailling for confirmation of price, location and freight details, so there other ways of covering your backside from unexpected price fluctuations. Having said that, I don't think a person who quotes a price higher than asking price will do too good on the internet these days, given the acid tongues of some uses either?! I quote Ferris Bueller - "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it!"

I will also admit, I've never included prices in my threads, but I'm quite happy to forward a PM or email with contact details for me, and price to the buyer, surely a messege from a seller with those things set as they have typed them should be sufficient protection, along with a bit of common sense when buying in a situation where you can't exchange goods for payment instantly?!

I'd also put forward a proposition that being unable to edit posts can help spread misinfomation. I've had it happen once - when discussing a FWD to RWD conversion on another forum - went into great detail about how to do it, and forgot to mention the block I'd used. I logged off, went to bed and then came back next day to half a page of conflicting arguments for and against. I adjusted the first post with an edit (and cited why I had edited it) and everyone in Smurfland was happy again! I think we'll all agree, a concise introductory post to a thread is so much easier to read and follow than a thread of several pages where you have to wade through the dribble to get the good info?

I'm not ****ty at the situation, but I can see that it can be done better, so I welcome your replies and commnets
LimeGlaze is offline   Reply With Quote