View Single Post
Old 25-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 200+kw EL Tickford 6?

Hi,

I really wanted a low kay navy blue 5 litre EL ghia in mint retired guy condition. But after a 9 months of looking and actually missing out on one in Perth (AGONY) and talking in this forum Im now all for finding and modifying a 6. Tickford motors in them no less!? I didn't know that. I did hear that the distributor of the EL is a bit inferior to both the EF and the AU. Is that true, does anyone know?

Anyway, when I get my car I want to get as many steetable and family tolerable Kw's as possible. 200 at the flywheel would be great. And I want to do it without taking the engine out. I've learnt a bit about superchargers in these forums of late and I'm willing to spend the money on one of those and a purpose built exhaust. The car has to sound good so I'd like a twin system. 3 into 2 yeh? I've heard that Ford ECU's are impossible to remap so I'm wondering if there is anything on the market that works like the Power Commander does for bikes. i.e. plugs in after the ECU to allow remapping. And if it's not too huge a job, maybe a cam. But only if its neccessary to realise the full potential of the rest of the mods.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited by Craney; 25-04-2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: missspelt wodr
Craney is offline   Reply With Quote