View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #18
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Road Bike-for $3,000 odd- what should I be looking at

Took the Cervelo R3 for second ride today. Ended up doing a ride of 60 km in length, steep hills, and lots of long inclines, etc, and the last time I did that ride was about 12 years ago when I was doing a lot of riding for fitness.

And it seemed that the hills were not as hard, even the 4 very steep ones.

And I even outgunned and overtook another cyclist- that is a first-never happened when I was riding a lot on my Repco.

I must be a freak-getting fitter and stronger with age and drinking wine despite no riding.

All seriousness- buying this Cervelo R3 has been the best money spent-was in a really crappy filthy angry mood yesterday and 2 hours riding and getting home stuffed today has brought back the good feel endorphins-buggered but calm and happy.

No tingling hands and forearms which happened on the alloy bike after that ride.

If you are like me and like riding but have never owned a carbon fibre bike like a Cervelo- you are missing out. So comfortable in the seat- the stays and carbon fibre seat pole act as shock absorbers-amazing at speed the rear end gets more comfortable-like floating on air.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 07-07-2017 at 05:37 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: