View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Road Bike-for $3,000 odd- what should I be looking at

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBourne View Post
Man this is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge question..

Would me the same as "What car should I buy".

Few questions to answer:

- Will you want to ride in all weather conditions
- Do you want a race orientated set up or a more relaxed one
- Is your budget JUST for the bike, or is that total, because you will need accessories such as shoes, clothing, etc.

Few points:

- Carbon fibre is the most common now, it has become a lot cheaper and yes it is lighter, stiffer, but you need to buy a decent bike for that to actually make a difference. Other components can severely hamper the bikes ability, so just because it is carbon doesn't make it amazing, and just because a bike is alloy doesn't make it crap.

Case in point is the Cannondale CAAD10, that thing would be fkn amazing, and it's alloy.

- A road bike does have a tight geometry, so please ensure you get the correct size for you, or get it fitted for you, because it sounds like you already have some body niggles, so no point adding to that.
Will mainly be riding dry weather- want a fast bike but more for hills and flowing country roads- like to go fast down and like climbing.

Thinking about buying a second hand Cervelo R3, but worried about carbon fibre cracks?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote