View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #338
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

HMMMM I HAVE A MATE WHO USED TO SAY HE JUST CANT GIVE UP , AND BUGGER IT I ENJOY IT ETC ETC . then he started losing weight about 12 months ago and looking heaps good , then he told us all he has an ulcer under his tongue that wont heal , then he was diagnosed with aggressive mouth and throat cancer which had spread to hios bowels and testicles , then he had surgery , then infection for 6 mths , so he couldnt have chemo or radiation therapy , then he had radiation and chemo after 6 mths . its froze his jaw shut and made his jaw bone like chalk , then he had to get a special machine to put between his teeth to open and shut his mouth 1mm at a time over 3 mths , hopefully not snapping his jaw in the process so that he could finally open his mouth enough to eat . that took 9 mths all up . he is now wondering if it has spread further . Funny i asked him the other day if his cancer is in the family or genetic , and he said the stats say that theres a 91% chance it was caused by smoking . he hasn't really had as much trouble as my other friends quitting smoking . WANT TO KNOW HIS SECRET ???
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote