View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #71
KosCo

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

I have a Focus Titanium ie. 6 speed powershift petrol engine - now 12 months old.

Had the car for about 6-9 months and shudder appeared. Took the car back and they did a software upgrade. This improved the situation - reverse gear was much smoother, hill stop assist now worked, shudder was still present but not quite as bad.

A few weeks after the software upgrade, engine stopped for no reason and took about 3 minutes to re-start. Took car back and they "pulled the gearbox apart and cleaned the clutch" - well, according to what they said.

A few weeks after this, got a call from the service dept to bring the car back as they had parts to be replaced (they hadn't told me about this when I picked up the car last time).

New parts were installed and FINALLY the shudder has disappeared - very nice now and like brand new and hope this is the last of the gearbox problems.

This was all fixed under warranty but also noted that the dealer will avoid giving details of exactly what they have done to the car - would not provide any paperwork and depending on who you talk to and what day of the week it is, you will get a different and vague answer every time.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: