View Single Post
Old 17-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #30
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Well a rough guide for the day so far:

--@8:30am - Meet at BP Calder Park, fuel up and coffee
--@8:45am - Depart
--@9:30am - Arrive at Kyneton, drive through onto Daylesford
--@10am - Arrive at Daylesford, visit the lake for a possible photo op??
Then on through Ballan towards Geelong
--@12:15 - Geelong for a refuel should anyone need to, there are
plenty 98ron servos
--@2:30 - Arrive at Apollo Bay for a late lunch and a nice bottle of red

So this is what I've come up with so far if everyone is happy with that then I'll get maps sorted and we can decide whether Saturday or Sunday suits most people. I'm easy for either so I don't mind, these times are approximate according to Whereis.com.au and will serve well as a rough guide only so we may well get there a little earlier.

Kyneton will essentially be a drive though, nice and easy to take in the scenery but no stops planned unless someone really needs to LOL.

With the lakes at Daylesford we can stop for a photo op as there would be lots of room to park all the cars together to get a fairly comprehensive group shot with a decent bit of scenery. Also it allows for a short break for those not used to driving long distances. From here we cut accross through Ballan and Fiskville to Geelong, Fiskville if anyone is interested is actually the main training grounds for the CFA.

Geelong will be the last stop before Apollo bay, so this will be your best chance to top up with fuel as there aren't many 98ron servos after that for those that need 98, myself included. It can also be used as a quick pit stop for anyone in need of one, like I said this will be the final stop before Apollo Bay so use it wisely LOL

Once in Apollo Bay there are plenty of eateries where we can have a sit down meal, I've tried to time it so that we be there at around 2:30 in the arvo which means the rush should be over and we can get a seat quite easily. We could also look for some photo spots unless someone already knows a few if people wanted to get more pics.

Well I need feed back from all you lot now so we can set a definite date for this, it's the first weekend of October so either Sat 3rd or Sun 4th of October which is still six weeks away so plenty of time to organize what needs doing as well as time off work if anyone needs to do that. Also if anyone thinks this will be too much for them then maybe we could look at it again if enough people feel it might be a little long, myself I think it's kind of short LOL but I'm compromising for you :

Let me know as quickly as you can so we can set it and forget it till the time comes.

Regards
Stef

p.s. I will also bring along any ideas of artwork I have for club shirts, caps and jackets, I had one jacket done around the time I registered it which some of you may have seen so I'll be wearing that as well as a couple of caps I had done at the time also.

Last edited by XRQTR; 17-08-2009 at 03:21 PM.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote