View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 10:44 PM   #14
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I have a couple of additions to the parts:

(4) Interior Lamp - the WS/WT Fiesta Lamps Fit, Mondeo MkIII, MKIV, CMax etc also fit. There's a heap of them. You get additional MAP lights, some have 'ambient' lights that are always on and illuminate you ever so slightly, and some have sensors in them for the factory car alarm. I don't care much for the alarm sensor, so I'll do all-but.

(5) Reverse Park Sensors - there's a factory 'ParkPilot' system. I'm a sucker for sensors. Every other car I have has them. I need these bastards.

(6) Centre console. Yes, there was one from Ford! There's both a Factory version and an aftermarket version. Both in the $200 range though. but both made by a company called Armster in the UK. Actually, there are cheap as **** versions as well, but as they need to be screwed into the tunnel, I'm not so sure.

(7) Reverse Camera. So, OK, I already have one, and it's only something that works with an aftermarket head unit. But the current one is a bit ****, and what I really want is one that fits into the number plate light and looks factory, rather than one that sits out looking like a tack-on. I might talk more about the aftermarket head unit with the factory radio button integration.

One other thing that I might look at is whether the WS/WT clockspring and steering wheel might just work in a WQ. I once toyed with swapping a Lexus IS250 steering wheel into an IS300 to get a whole lot of additional steering wheel controls - and it worked. If the buttons can be moved to the wheel I'll be well impressed.

Finally, and this is probably a non starter, the XR4 uses the Visteon ESU engine management computer, with the 'S' standing for 'Spanish Oak'. In Australia the ASU ECU was used in the BF Falcon and onwards, including the FG, until they needed more processing power in the FG-X, and it's the same Visteon Spanish Oak ECU. Of note, the BF has Cruise Control, while the XR4 does not. There are a few players in Oz doing their own home custom Falcon flash programs, and I have already hit one of them up as to whether they could work their magic on the XR4.

Lukeyson