View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 10:22 PM   #28
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why don't Dealers want to do warranty work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Sorry to nitpick, but have they said that they don't want to do the work or that they haven't come to the same diagnosis as you have? Running a dealership myself I don't quite understand how any service front of house staff could be trying to get across a message of "we don't want to do your warranty work" without it coming back on them fairly negatively.
As I said, they literally claimed to have looked at a system that isn't working, and have said "we couldn't find anything wrong." It's the equivalent of standing in a pitch black room and proclaiming that there's nothing wrong with the light.
On another issue, there is a clear problem with the engine, and it fits the symptoms of a known fault, and they are again saying "we couldn't find anything wrong."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
By this comment I take it you're not all that up to date with the sheer skills shortage in the automotive sector.
I'm well aware of the problem in Perth.
Basically, if you have an IQ above 70, can stay off hard-drugs just long enough to pass an initial screening, and are willing to turn up for work at least 50% of the time, you can make $600 a day working shut-downs.
Doesn't leave a huge talent-pool for city based trades.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote