View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #22
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Why don't Dealers want to do warranty work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Now I want say up front, that Wanneroo Mitsubishi are awesome. They have fixed everything on my daughter's Lancer, no problems, no questions asked. And when in for it's capped-price servicing they are excellent and even spot and take on other warranty work without being asked.
But they are the exception. They were owned by the Divigillio family for a long time, so maybe have a different approach?

I don't know exactly how warranty claims work, and maybe it's not the most lucrative, but surely it's still profitable?

But no, rather than undertake paid work, they would rather just shrug and blatantly lie,
And I'm not talking about something that's hard to diagnose, or a judgement call.

The tank sender (or senders) just aren't working correctly. It says the tank is full, even though it's down to about 5%
To be honest, that is a Safety issue and I'd be jumping up and down about it. It's in their interest to fix it, and investigate if this is a widespread problem that should be addressed through a recall.

Personally, I've had a few experiences with warranty. The best (surprisingly) have been Alfa Romeo, followed closely by Ford, but in a distant and disappointing third, Subaru are the worst. Maybe it's a Japanese thing?

With Alfa Romeo, I've had my alarm ultrasonics module replaced, numerous software updates done free of charge, tiny rubber seal issues rectified around the windows (which I even thought were pedantic), and a couple of big ticket items including radio (was resetting every now and then, they ordered a new module in right away), and a new drive shaft (which I'm sure had nothing to do with a few hard launches, yet replaced no questions asked) - the last 2 items were $6k in parts alone, and 2 days in the shop.

Ford realigned my squeaky dash, fixed my leaky sump, cured my noisy diff, and looked at the many noises the car made during every service, with great communication to be honest.

But Subaru, geez. The drivers seat bolster was tearing open with only 8000km on the car, and Subaru made us work to get it sorted under warranty, which they finally did as a 'goodwill gesture.' Similarly, the manual gear boot started tearing, after shrugging it, they go off and order a whole surround, excluding the damaged bit, and change it out and didn't even figure out what they have done until we told them. It took a second visit to rectify it. Then the worst was when they damaged all 4 rims during the last service and wanted to deny it. We went all the way to Subaru's head office who conceded and got all 4 wheels resprayed at a cost of $1500 to them. Never mind the car needs servicing every 6 months, and they charge the full amount of the cap price quoted, yeah real nice. Sat nav updates requested 4 times until they figured it out... They didn't even bother to wash the car the last 2 services. Honestly has put us off the brand (this is the 3rd brand new Soobie we buy too!) Still can't beat the $5000 quote we got on the previous STi to change brake disc's and pads at 25,000km. Got the rotors machined, and sourced pads myself through Racebrake (forum sponsor) and all done for $700 or so. But I digress....
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: