Thread: Cougar R8
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #17
REDDYZ

Thanks Dan, Leather boot gave the shifter quite a good look. I bought it from UK ebay. Quality of leather is very good. There is a choice of colours as well. I think I spent around $25 or $29 incl shipping. Its worth a change, you will like it.

I bought my double din from US coz I was particular about soundstream. I always wanted soundstream Amp & Sub and in this process, I started with this double din, sound quality was so good that I stopped bothering about amp and subwoofer. I dont know how famous Soundstream in Australia but they are quite famous in US and other countries as well. Recently they opened Oz online store www.soundstream.com.au.

My Double Din has bluetooth and it pairs automatically with my iphone. I use it as handsfree and it plays songs from my iphone too. So never bothered about 10 stacker. Probably I will hook up an Amp & Sub woofer from Soundstream.

There are few things I want to do before that like SVT UIM. I thought of replacing the existing block with 3L one but I saw few guys hooking up superchargers at the front of the engine where coolant reservoir is. But my plan is to shift battery to the boot and then hook up a small supercharger to the waterpump pulley. Its long term project though. I am renting at the moment, once I have my own house my kitty will become a wild cat. As you advised before I will keep exterior original. Otherwise I had big plans for the body kit. I was very impressed with your exterior mods and was planning for body kit. But everyone advised to keep my Eibach original. So convinced myself to settle with a good paint job outside.

Yogi
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote