Thread: Cougar R8
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
REDDYZ

Dan, you guys are really very lucky. You are just getting away with tolerance margin. You are actually doing over 6kms at 100km/hr. (while tolerance is 10km in 100 zone and 3 km in 60 zone) Australian cars are calibrated in excess of 3kms than standard speed means say for example in Falcon if speedo shows 60km/hr you are doing 57km/hr. Most of the Japanese and Australian cars are like that. This gives overall tolerance of 6km in 60 zone. However, Cougars dont have that tolerance from factory. If your speedo shows 60 then you are doing 60 and you still have 3kms tolerance at the cameras. Rolling on 19"s you are wiping off the 3kms camera tolerance and probably thats how you are getting away. Other words you have zero tolerance. Also, its only the rim size of your kat which is quite big not the tyre profile, being a very low profile than the standard tyre, i think it didn't make much difference in overall wheel size. I was actually thinking to upgrade to 19" and trying to find out whats involved in calibrating speedo. Perhaps I will get the calibration done incase I upgrade to 19"s

Also, Today I got the air con fixed in my kitty AT LAST. Luckily sourced air-con hose from a wrecker and replaced it and now its all good. Leak in air-con system has been bothering since long time and at last fixed it. I now has a spare compressor in good condition.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote