View Single Post
Old 23-09-2018, 09:10 AM   #16
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ranger Size Ram could be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
it is a very good car, don't get me wrong, but yes, I do think its overrated and i'm not alone. It has a tiny 610kg payload, and reasonably soft rear springs for a comfy ride. It may tow 3.5t but that will use up a lot of the available payload, once you factor in fuel, driver etc.

a fair percentage of LC owners probably just don't care about the legal side of things while they fit the entire ARB catalogue to their car, or they modify it so that it can actually legally cope with what they want to do.

the same people that ridicule the dual cabs point to the LC200 as being a far superior option, but the specs just don't add up to justify the hype. It may be better for some, but not by the margin its reputation would suggest.

….in my opinion
Love my dual cabs, best thing since sliced bread i reckon, got my first in 1981 (ex mining HJ47 crew cab) and now have a VDJ97R, great vehicles although not the dual cabs in question me thinks....

Anyhow i wouldn't put the LC200 and most dual cabs in the same catagory, the potential buyer for either would more than likely not be comparing the two, one been basically a mid to large sized ute and the other an Extra-large SUV, different market with a big difference in price.....

......all my opinion to

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: