View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #20
asteele-xr6

Default Re: Sync 3 - Software Bugs

...well, I did the software update - so you guys don't have to risk breaking yours!
Curiosity got the better of me.

The update was easy to do, and took about 15 mins.

Everything looks the exact same, I haven't yet spotted anything new. When I use a voice command to dial my wife I am still asked to choose between two identical numbers. My saved navigation favourites are listed as entered - so no way to sort them. Text messaging (that used to work for me but stopped some months ago for reasons unknown) - still doesn't work, which is a shame.

The voice command voice is different, speaks slightly faster with an American accent... that is the only change I noticed.

Oh, and I have broken being able to use voice commands for the navigation. It lists the different commands I can use, but if I try to use any of them it just does nothing... so there is some sort of a disconnect that I have fouled up. I was hoping to see "cancel route" just did it and didn't ask for confirmation - so I have caused a backward step!

Maybe at the next service I shall ask the dealer to put the "correct" software version on instead.

Let's see what else I notice over the next few days...but all the other voice commands work fine.

Pics below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sync3-1.jpg (83.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg sync3-2.jpg (103.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg sync3-3.jpg (110.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg sync3-4.jpg (74.6 KB, 25 views)
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: