View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
Zigman

Default Sync 3 - Software Bugs

I have noticed several software bugs in Sync 3. All have been reported to Ford Australia, but their responses have all been dismissive with no indication the reports are taken seriously by Ford Australia.

Who else have seen these bugs:

1. SatNav - All suburbs are (in my case) 'Melbourne'. Apparently my home suburb is Melbourne just like my work suburb is Melbourne, yet they are 45 km apart.

2. Collision Alert - On the freeway with a nice 2 second gap between me and the car in front (per the adaptive cruise control). Car in next lane sees the gap and decides to change lanes and move in front of me. Mondeo computer sees the other car appearing in my lane as a threat and initiates the “Collision Alert” sequence. Trip computer flashes red with the warning message, radio mutes and the system beeps. All good, as you would expect. The problem is that prior to the collision alert I was listening to a DAB station on preset (ABC Melbourne). Once the collision alert is cleared, the radio doesn’t return to the preset station, instead it begins a DAB station search and stops at the first station it finds on the first ensemble (DAB Channel 9A and the first data stream which happens to be NOVA 100). Surely the radio should just return to the previous station after the alert. Now I'm fumbling around trying to put the radio back to my station of choice potentially creating a dangerous driving situation.

3. SatNav - Driving on Eastlink (toll road in Melbourne). SatNav is NOT set to avoid toll roads and yet at every exit I am prompted to exit. Ignoring the advice from the SatNav and staying on Eastlink my ETA immediately reduces by 5 minutes, until the next exit where the sequence repeats. On one trip last week I saved 15 minutes of travel time by ignoring the Sync 3 SatNav instructions. BTW, Mrs Google had my ETA perfectly timed from the start of the 45 minute journey.

What other bugs have been found by folks?
Zigman is offline   Reply With Quote