View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #78
Greane01

Default Re: Quick question re: DRL's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126
Thanks for the update and for posting the pics...

I will be doing this over the weekend also.

Glad to hear the bumper is easy enough to remove.

I have purchased some Loctite Automotive Epoxy to secure my grilles on, will see how that goes...

My concern is I am trying to do a really neat / stealth install, so want to make sure all the wiring looms are hidden and / or laid neatly next to factory looms to look OEM.

Quick question, do the front sensors / Active Grille Shutter looms just unplug also, or is there a trick to them?
Hey Ope126 - there was only one plug connecting all of the sensors/fog lights (see photo - loom circled); once this is unplugged the bumper comes off. You don't have to touch the active grille shutter, so no need to unplug anything there:

On the wiring: so far it looks like we'll connect the DRL blue to the violet/green wire (pin 3) at the back of the headlight plug as this appears to be the low beam. This will dim the DRLs when the low beams are switched on (hopefully!)...

We will probably use the headlight loom rather than the fuse box wiring as we're having trouble finding the low beam wire in the fuse box - brown doesn't appear to switch off 12v when the headlights switch off - but we'll test this again tomorrow morning (plus I'll do a bit more research on the web tonight!)...

Then, as posted by others, the DRL yellow will go to the green in the fuse box, the red (with the 15 amp fuse) will bolt onto the existing constant 12v nut in the fuse box (see photo) and the black to an earth!

Last edited by Greane01; 06-09-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Greane01 is offline   Reply With Quote