Thread: OBDII Adaptors
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #29
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: OBDII Adaptors

OK so it looks like I've got some work to do this weekend, I've not had an issue with the car since the end of January. The OBDII adaptor has been brilliant I've just not had enough logging time. However I thought I stuffed up going into demo mode on forscan for a play which consequently gave me a heap of DCT's.

In the log I can find actual Mondeo errors from the time stamp and different Vehicle profiles, so note to self don't play when you're in the middle of logging trips. I get the odd abs code thrown but that was me turning the key on and off in the initial handshake.

My latest and only code:(those below that were in Demo Mode)

P02E1 - 72 - 6C
P02E1 - problems with the quality of the air flow control operation at the inlet of the diesel engine
Fault Type: 72 - sticking the actuator in open position
At the time of DTC test request is not unfulfilled
In this cycle monitoring DTC test is not unfulfilled
Untreated (DTC)
Confirmed (DTC)
Since the last erasure codes DTC test is completed
The test is not completed since the last reset
This test is not complete monitoring cycle
DTC does not require a warning display

So it looks like the charge air actuator may be faulty, and from what I gather wear and tear on the internal gear is not uncommon. That actuator is helpful to regulate the EGR mix.( and close when engine off)

So unfortunately it's not looking like being related my initial stalling problem just something I've caught developing early on. I still have vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks to eliminate if I've got any but I hope it's slowly but surely getting close to closure. If anything I'm moving forward...
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote