Thread: OBDII Adaptors
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #16
Mondaveo

Default Re: OBDII Adaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Is that a Chinese clone? Does it have battery saving technology?
I use the genuine one from America, feel more confident with it, particularly in control mode.
Yes, genuine Scantool in official box (or at least it looks like it). Just so happened to be a Chinese seller, with a UK ebay listing funnily enough. I noted that other listings on ebay AU were also selling out of China (none truly local). Anyhow, this one at £60 worked out the cheapest after currency conversion (<$120).

I'm like you, confidence is important, and I wanted the battery saver so I didn't look at clones.

Quote:
Get a battery test/renew then reset DTCs?

Low battery can cause module issues?
Thanks, after reading another account of radio, ACC and other features shutting off being traced to a failing battery, I think getting it tested and replaced before departure is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Probably due for a new battery if it's the original from 2011. I'd be surprised if the adaptor would drain the battery in an afternoon. just coincidence that it's happened now?
I actually had a 'Low battery' come up several weeks ago, after an afternoon cleaning the car with the radio on; the engine started, and afterwards I hooked up my charger and it didn't recur. Wasn't entirely surprised to see the message come back; but I am surprised that now after an overnight charge (even with the charger still hooked up), the car still reports it's low when turned on. I'd say you're right though; assuming it is the original battery, it's probably just time.

The bigger coincidence is that it was only a couple of months ago that our Barina lost its original battery...

Quote:
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote