Thread: OBDII Adaptors
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Exclamation OBDII Adaptors

Thought I'd create a Thread about OBDII adaptors specifically those that work with Forscan seeing as it's regarded as the best in the biz for Fords/Mazda freely available. I have a 2009 MB Mondeo Zetec TDCI 2.0L 104kW (140PS) DW engine.

I stupidly bought a F-Super usb OBDII cable only to find out the Mondeo they were talking about were Pre-2007 so quite useless to me. It's also obsolete with F-Super2 topped with it will never be supported by Forscan. It's just not for those whom have '07-'14 Mondeo's. After opening it up it is a clone and a cheap one going by the two IC chips used.

Fast forward to today I picked up a package this morning. I ordered on the 29th Feb another OBDII adaptor but BTooth this time. I had read on Forscan Forums another guy also with fakes and clones for his 2007 Ford US vehicle, he had ordered this one and worked with Forscan (his was orange). So I figured why not try it.

The adaptor is from Konnwei Model: KW902. I found a green one and took a punt. $17.99 is acceptable to me considering I was thinking OBDLink MX for $100-155.

I immediately bought Forscan for Android app and that could have been a big mistake if it had not been compatible, mistakenly didn't think about it. But it works (phew) so very happy . Initially Forscan.app wasn't getting any love connection wise (deleting the BT device in android and pairing again) so I ran the supplied TorquePro.app doing the same thing and it connected. (though is very basic in what it can access)

Again it was a bit of a pain setting up Forscan after using the supplied torque app. I then used the supplied TorquePro.app and found it has power save settings to turn on and off the adaptor by default which made it interfere with connecting and setting up Forscan. Close TorquePro and the adaptor turns off. But in the end disabled the feature in Torque and started Forscan again and was all good.

It came with software for iOS/Android/Windows. So I will be setting up a laptop to try their supplied windows software (scantool_net113win) and Windows version of Forscan.

it seems to have access to everything:

On my DTC scan I picked up one code but that could have been from me setting it up in frustration, dunno will investigate it nevertheless.

Now I can get on and try to diagnose why the vehicle shut down twice, first on the 10thJan16 and later on the 28thJan16, having said that it's not happened since, it's been faultless. Which is a godsend and/or a curse.

In any case people this works well, post yours to help out a Brother with a known working OBDII adaptor.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: