View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #130
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Will AU XR8 220's be a collectable car.

Thought I’d chime in here. I think they are becoming collectible now but I don’t think they will become really expensive in time (over 30k). I think right now they are a really good bang for buck car, for me the last of the Fords that were drivers cars. Add that not many sold because it was so ugly and you get a desirable car.

I’ve been lookin for 4 years for a good clean manual S3 XR8. I’ve looked at heaps of cars and not found a single one in great condition. With only 300 made some may say it won’t happen at my price point which was 15k for the right car. It’s funny though, I’ve seen 5 P250 utes and countless T series come up in that time but no good manual S3 XR8s.

I put it down to affordability, kids bought the XR8s when they were affordable and now good examples are hard to come by as the kids thrashed them. Kids didn’t buy the P250s abd T series as they were not affordable.

I’ve had heaps of people contact me and say they want 15k for theirs which is in average condition, no way, the market isn’t at that point yet. I noticed two nice autos went on Carsales for around 15-17k 6 months ago then everyone thought that’s what they were fetching, now there is a few and not one of them has sold at that price point.

I’d be surprised if someone paid 20k for an AUXR8, that’s T series and B series GT territory

No one is selling the manuals because they know what a great thing they are, leaps and bounds over the BA and a much funner car to drive.

They are already sought after, question is, how much will the market start paying?