View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #81
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Dual Cab utes - broken chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Ive just bought one also 2wd manual 20" mags and tyres , hard lid , towbar , deck liner, bonnet protector , and monsoons for 35k kiwi $ driveaway ....cheap as , versatile as , ive had just under a ton of bagged fert in it you just have to keep the load as far forward as you can

I think where the tritons might be a bit worse off is they have a much shorter wheelbase than most utes (thats why they have the best turning circle around ) but the back axle is right at the front of the well side so all the weight is hanging behind the axle, compare it to a Ranger the back wheel is set back further ....simple physics , stick to the load limits and it should be fine
Enjoy,9 months in with ours and very happy so far,coming up for 30k service and quoted $35 ish,if honest and had my time again i might have stuck with the oem rims instead of the 20s,fine off road and on good roads but harsh on anything else As said enjoy i wish i had bought one years back,her indoors takes delight in reminding me of the many occasions (passing lanes spring to mind) i had mini rants about dual cab diesels no matter the brand.