View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #70
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dual Cab utes - broken chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
If I didn’t have kids I would have a single cab or extra cab ute for work. With 3 kids the dual cab is brilliant with the work canopy on the back, really is a dual purpose vehicle for me.

I wouldn’t get a ute if I didn’t have kids or didn’t need it for work, far more comfortable cars/4x4s out there.
Yeah, I know what you all mean, I used to have a 4x4 ute and it was handy for my work (oxy-acet, MAPP and various other gas bottles I didn't want in a van or wagon).
But even back then I didn't see the point of a dual cab for work. I had the courier extra cab (or whatever ford called the mazda bravo freestyle cab with rear suicide doors). Enough storage in the back for crates of my test equipment and valuable stuff (or small passengers) but still an almost full length tray for 'ute-ing' things.

Handy on holidays off roading and beach driving, fishing etc as well so I know where you're all coming from - I only ended up with a falcon ute after the courier was written off in a hail storm, but still like I said the dual cabs with tiny tray seem less useful to me and I wasn't ever interested in them 20 years ago. I had to search high and low for the 4 dr extra cab.

If it's not your only car it's a 'jack of all trades - master of none' compromise anyway. Handy if you want to be a taxi on a mine site but they don't make good uber cars or utes ;-)

Last edited by oldel; 02-05-2020 at 09:21 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote