View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #67
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Default Re: Dual Cab utes - broken chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
These dual cab utes are for people that need a 'truck' but only intend to put a lawnmower and a few bags of lawn clippings on the back.

I've got no idea why the world decided short wheel base dual cabs were the weekend/trade vehicle of choice. They look useless in the first place. Can't fit a couch on them, a trailbike or any kind of thing you're usually thinking of when you think of 'ute'

They're for towing when unloaded and that's it. The tray is mostly for decoration E: or a lawnmower and some garden bags, or some eskies. Maybe you want to buy a split a/c for someone licenced to install for you? Too high off the ground to even easily chuck a fridge up!
It's got me stuffed how so many of us can have it so wrong.
I really should buy a.......
My Ranger tows my caravan or my work trailer easily, holds 20 drums of paint, or 4 pushbikes a camping fridge and swags, takes a family of 4 to the local footy or Alice springs reasonably comfortably, and when I was riding trailbikes it even took myself and a mate with 2 trailbikes and riding gear to Alice for Finke, yep bloody useless things they are.
BTW have a look at what the top 5 or so selling vehicles are.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote
10 users like this post: