View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #65
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Dual Cab utes - broken chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
These dual cab utes are for people that need a 'truck' but only intend to put a lawnmower and a few bags of lawn clippings on the back.

I've got no idea why the world decided short wheel base dual cabs were the weekend/trade vehicle of choice. They look useless in the first place. Can't fit a couch on them, a trailbike or any kind of thing you're usually thinking of when you think of 'ute'

They're for towing when unloaded and that's it. The tray is mostly for decoration E: or a lawnmower and some garden bags, or some eskies. Maybe you want to buy a split a/c for someone licenced to install for you? Too high off the ground to even easily chuck a fridge up!
Dunno about the world but i bought one after having two Falcon utes then going to a sedan and missing the space out back for the crap that comes from having a big back yard and removing it from section etc etc,as for towing will repeat i missed the space out back of a ute,i dont want to tow anything nor do i want to put a towbar on the GT-P to do so.Before owning one believe me i didnt have to many good things to say about em but after having one for roughly 8 months i early on took it all back,cheap as chips to run go anywhere i want to go without the worry of ripping the front bar/side skirts off as i used to with the XR utes, case in point pic taken on Danseys Pass road which ive never done as sections of it would have been impassable in either of my Falcon utes,horses for courses i guess and as a second or 3rd vehicle as in our case it fits the bill perfect,someone posted earlier that Tritons sell well based on there price,i can why as for some the thought of shelling out twice the money for a Ranger etc is ridiculous its not going to do anything they cant do in what they bought.Simple really.