View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 09:30 AM   #62
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Talking Re: Dual Cab utes - broken chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
These dual cab utes are for people that need a 'truck' but only intend to put a lawnmower and a few bags of lawn clippings on the back.

I've got no idea why the world decided short wheel base dual cabs were the weekend/trade vehicle of choice. They look useless in the first place. Can't fit a couch on them, a trailbike or any kind of thing you're usually thinking of when you think of 'ute'

They're for towing when unloaded and that's it. The tray is mostly for decoration E: or a lawnmower and some garden bags, or some eskies. Maybe you want to buy a split a/c for someone licenced to install for you? Too high off the ground to even easily chuck a fridge up!
My family call Dual Cabs "Useless Utes"
From a while ago, the missus got me to move the daughter from home to a flat, we borrowed my other daughter's dual cab Triton, all good until we had to move the queen sized bed and mattress , then had to ditch the dual cab and borrow my brothers hilux workmate single cab 4x2 to move that.
So the tag "Useless Ute" remains from that episode, but we still borrow the Triton for the Green Waste dump run or to move other smaller things around
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: