View Single Post
Old 15-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #15
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Re: Posts in threads acting weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The replacement of the image with text is indication that your browser isn't downloading the element (image in this case) probably because it sees those as insecure. The achievements box has always had a text box surrounding it!

The issue we have at the moment is that we are still supporting SSL2 and SSL3 even though they are not recommended for use with SSL any more and more modern browsers will see those as insecure (which they actually are). Not all browsers, however, yet support the three varieties of TLS (the replacement for SSL) and neither does our current server OS.

At this stage, clearing cache should provide a temp fix and the users most impacted are probably Safari users as it has no tolerance for non TLS elements.

We have upgraded the test server to the latest OS version and will work toward an Easter migration to that server.

Regards
Russ
Thanks Russ,
What I meant to say is that the "technical contributor and tech writer" text beneath the achievement box has a border surrounding it, same as the "donating member 1" beneath the Moderator text in my pic above.
Not being all that computer savvy, I have no idea what SSL/2/3 and TLS mean, or how to clear caches etc. on my android phone, so I'll ask my nephews to see if they can help
AFAIK, I'm use internet explorer with my phone, is this similar to safari?

Linz's 2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute

2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote