View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #1
dave0706
Starter Motor

Default MC Mondeo harsh shift

Hi,

Just recently joined the forum after purchasing a 2012 Mondeo ecoboost with 82,000 on the odo and a full service history with ford, up until the Honda dealer that sold it to me ‘stamped the book’. I spoke with the Ford dealer who completed all the services and they confirmed the transmission was serviced at 60,000k

I have never driven a dual clutch type auto before, and so one thing that concerned me is that the change from 1st to 2nd seems a bit harsh. It feels like the clutch has been let out perhaps a little too suddenly, and so the car lurches slightly on that change.

It seems to happen even when I’m driving very conservatively, and only accelerating very gently, but it can be minimised by easing off the gas just as it tries to change from 1st to 2nd.

All the other gear changes seem fine. And I haven’t noticed any fluctuating RPM’s like some other owners have reported (though there are not many inclines in Perth)

I absolutely love the car, but I’m concerned it will cost me $10k to replace the transmission down the track if it all goes wrong.

I could be being completely paranoid, but it’s hard to know what’s normal. I didn’t pick it up on test drive, and (stupidly?) only test drove this one Mondeo.

I’ve only had the car 3 weeks, and apart from the niggling worry i have about that shift from 1st to 2nd, I absolutely adore the car. It’s easily the best car I have ever owned.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
dave0706 is offline   Reply With Quote