Old 13-04-2022, 12:40 PM   #724
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
I'll have mine with 195/70R14C tyres please

You know the ones that look like this on your 40 year old 6x4 trailer:

Look out for me on the December 2023 DCOA compilation where I'll be upside down on the nearest roundabout.

Seriously though I think its a bit of a compromise between load carrying capacity, rear leaf spring suspension, unloaded ute and road manners on the Thailand specials which creates some problems, thats why you see them backwards in roundabouts every month on DCOA compilations and not at high speeds either.

Maybe one day someone will make a half decent HT 4x4 tyre, like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for heavier vehicles that can help sort out some sketchy handling characteristics of Thailand Specials.
High grip tyres are the last thing you want in a vehicle with a high centre of gravity. Raptor is fine, because of the wide tyres, wide stance and adaptive suspension, but in vehicles like the Triton with narrow track grippy tyres are a rollover waiting to happen.

If anything, they engineer the tyres to have lower grip because you want it to slide in extreme maneuvers, cause then you have the dsc to catch it and the driver has options to counter steer out. If the tyre grips hard in that situation you have no options cause it will probably roll over. It's the safer option believe it or not. Argue all you want about this, and i'm sure someone will want to, but it's what they do. It's the safer option.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: