View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Great idea for a thread, graphicgoose!

As I have done for nearly every Friday for the last 25 years or so, we had tea at the pub tonight. Sure, the venues have changed a bit over that time, as has the company I've spent it with, but the basic premise is still the same: time to catch up with family

It all began when I was at uni and even though I lived with my parents, and my grandparents lived in the same town, we did not have the opportunity to catch up as often as we should. So, we decided to all head out to the pub on the Friday night for tea. Well, it wasn't long before it became a regular thing.

The attendees have changed over the years, with both my grandparents passing away, followed by my (now) wife and I and my sister moving to Sydney for a while where we kept the tradition going (albeit on a different night). Then we started it up again when we got back to Sale, and we added my in-laws, who also live in town, said goodbye to my mum's best friend, and then my dad a few years back. And we've added our daughter and the regular guest with one of her classmates.

The venues have changed as various places have opened, closed, changed the basis of the menus or changed the prices, but it has always been a relatively inexpensive pub or club style meal. The latest venue we have been at now for a few years. We've become such regulars that they always have a table reserved for us (even though they do not reserve tables as a matter of principle) and know everyone that works there by first name. We exchange xmas presents and they even give my daughter a present for her birthday.

Whilst I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, I really look forward to my Friday night at the pub. It ensures I catch up with my mum to see how her week has been as well as ensuring that my daughter has the opportunity to interact with her grandparents on a regular basis. Inevitably, the day will come when she will not have that opportunity any longer, so the more time she can spend with them, the better for all!

Best of all, neither the wifey or I need to worry about making tea for the night, and it signals the end of another hectic week in our household.

Not sure I will ever be able to give up my Friday's at the pub!

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: