Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2018, 10:23 PM   #84
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Got a petrol mower from Aldi about 8-10 years ago that has a Briggs engine. Nothing has been touched in it...oil, spark plug or blades and starts first pull 90% of the time. I think it's governed because it pretty quiet compared to my neighbours mowers.

Mind you I don't have a massive area to cut, nor does it get over-used, but one thing is for sure, long wet grass/weeds clogs up in it because the extraction port is a small hole about the size of a large orange.

As of now I generally cut the grass every 2 weeks when it's dry and very rarely get more than one catcher full. Having talked it up, next time I go to start it it will probably blow up in my face and cause 3 house fires.

Until recently I was using a cordless Ryobi whipper snipper for about 6-7 years then something decided to go to sleep in the trigger mechanism, so I decided on a Ozito from Bunnings - $125.00 with a 5 year warranty. Only used it twice, so far it's alright. Not as balanced as the Ryobi and it spits-out a little more grass towards the operator but it's lighter and the battery life is far superior.

I would not recommend my set-up to anyone that plans to tidy up an area any larger than a small yard.
From years of experience with battery drills, often its a case of removing the trigger mechanism and taking the cover off and giving it a solid spray with contact cleaner. Its never going to be quite the same but something is always better then nothing. My angle towards battery power is you have to use it to maintain the batteries. If i go battery anything for me its makita. Reason being i have 3 5 amp makita batteries for my drill and 1 3amp that i use on the daily at work so they dont ever sit and are always charged like lithium ions like. So keeping batteries conditioned is important.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: