Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #83
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Got a petrol mower from Aldi about 8-10 years ago that has a Briggs engine. Nothing has been touched in it...oil, spark plug or blades and starts first pull 90% of the time. I think it's governed because it pretty quiet compared to my neighbours mowers.

Mind you I don't have a massive area to cut, nor does it get over-used, but one thing is for sure, long wet grass/weeds clogs up in it because the extraction port is a small hole about the size of a large orange.

As of now I generally cut the grass every 2 weeks when it's dry and very rarely get more than one catcher full. Having talked it up, next time I go to start it it will probably blow up in my face and cause 3 house fires.

Until recently I was using a cordless Ryobi whipper snipper for about 6-7 years then something decided to go to sleep in the trigger mechanism, so I decided on a Ozito from Bunnings - $125.00 with a 5 year warranty. Only used it twice, so far it's alright. Not as balanced as the Ryobi and it spits-out a little more grass towards the operator but it's lighter and the battery life is far superior.

I would not recommend my set-up to anyone that plans to tidy up an area any larger than a small yard.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote