View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #295
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Home Theatre systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
Yeah...I don't know why the forum posted the photos unscaled like that, wasn't my intent

Yeah, sound-proofing will be on the cards for the future...I guess it's more that I hadn't intended to upgrade my speakers right now, but these came up at too good a price to not jump at. So for now I'll need to make do.
Hey- it is not sound proofing you are after but rather a trap to trap low frequencies which collect in corners, resulting in wave cancellation and therefore a muddy mess ironically resulting in thin bass and the bigger the subwoofers tec the bigger the issues.

If you place big bass traps in the corner you will end up with phase coherent huge punchy bass. I had a sound recording studio and the biggest improvement in my mixing room was putting huge corner bass traps behind the monitors.

Also avoid the crappy foam products, you want rigid fibre rockwool style panels/corner fitments.

This site is a worthwhile read for an overview of what they do.

https://www.gikacoustics.com/how-bass-traps-work/

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: