View Single Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I have had similar issues starting the car on a slop. Sometimes it does start but very rough whilst the dash is lit up like a christmas tree, then it stalls very soon after. I've found rolling the car down the hill to flat ground and then starting it works everytime. However you say you're already on flat ground.

Another time I also was on flat ground and couldn't start the car. trip computer said i had 60km of fuel left however after empting a gerry can of petrol into the tank, (more went on me that actually went into the car lol) It started ok. In which case for what ever reason it appears the fuel pump couldn't pick up the petrol. I have ran the car to less than 40kms to go before, so i don't really know what happened.

You said you've got fuel in it, how much? could it be a similar issue and are you able to start it on a different day?
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote