View Single Post
Old 30-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #46
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
Increase penalties for serious offences.

Drive Drunk - Lose you car forever and go to Jail for 6 months.

Under 21yrs old - 1 Passenger only.

Kill someone in an accident cause you were driving stupid, way to fast or running from the police - 15 years Jail.

People under the age of 20 should drive cars under 130kw. ( yep , tough but realistic )

Get Caught speeding 40k over the limit - lose you car forever and 6 months Jail.

I know what a lot of people will say, , but what the heck, , just build more jails and stop spending government money on looking after illegial immigrants and all the wasteful stuff.

thats my 2c
1) Agree, but to what extent? Thats fairly extreme, what if it was 0.01 over? I think for totally obliterated and stupid people that is fair though. Who's actually going to stop if they know theyre a bit over and if the do stop they go to jail? Hello more police chases and deaths arising from them.

2) Thats going to cause more problems, as said before me, more cars=likely races

3)Agree, but again to what extent?

4) Thats total crap mate. Sorry but my first car and even my 2nd car, an EB fairmont and an EF gli respectively wouldve been putting out around that power and trust me it was MORE than enough to get you into trouble as I found out a few times. More like make LSD mandatory. What people forget is, p platers with nice cars, say for instance a new xr6 or xr8, worth 40K+, you really think those people are gonna be the ones out being ****************** in the wet when theyve got a lifetime car loan for their shiny new car? Doubt it. A moped can get out of control if you want it to. Power restrictions dont and never will be effective.

5) Thats pretty silly, what if you miss judge overtaking a truck? Its ok, just stay in the wrong lane because apparently hitting 141km/h you are definately gonna crash and kill someone.

It basically comes down to driver training and not being an idiot. Solve those 2 and its all fixed. If an 18 year old wants to take his car out one wet night to do doughnuts, no amount of laws is going to stop him no matter what they are, in his mind he is bulletproof and wont get caught. Laws like these would most likely do what the speed cameras already do, penalise the wrong people.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote