View Single Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #24
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eawags
What will the zetec's RPM be at 110?
"Hope ya sitting down for this?"............"3500rpm at 110km/h".........a little bit higher than some of the Fez's competitors.........but not by too much, the Swift is supposedly by professional reviewers "very tall geared and lopes along quietly for this class of car"........bear in mind that the Swift is still hitting around the 3000rpm mark at that speed, interesting too that the Fez apparantly has a higher top speed than the Swift by about 10km/h and yet one must presume will be spinning the little 1.6 Duratec at a higher rate of knots, I think most of the small cars these days are designed to rev higher than we have all been accustomed to in the past.
Bear in mind also that the Zetec has a shorter range of ratios right through the gearbox over the LX model ultimately designed for a quicker takeoff at the starting blocks, I can only concur that the LX would therefore be better out on the highway by virtue of having a taller final drive over the Zetec?
Might be something to consider if your'e doing a lot of highway driving coming from the Gold Coast every day?, doesn't matter to me of course as I just sit in traffic going nowhere trying to get over the Story Bridge into the City............hate it!! :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote