Thread: Budget Direct
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #17
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Budget Direct

There’s one thing we all need to understand. Insurance companies are there to make money like every other company. Their not your friend and they don’t share your passion. They will play on your knowledge and use terms most don’t understand. I’ve been in the panel industry most of my life, my wife has worked in the insurance industry most of hers. Before I met my wife I had a not at fault claim with RACV over 25 years ago. It pushed me to the edge to the fact that I found where the person was I spoke to and threatened to come down to the Footscray branch and drag him over the counter. I don’t recommend doing this, it will end up bad now days.
My point is don’t take no for an answer. They will try all the tricks in the book to get out of paying a claim. Do your home work, look at the fine print and make your own judgement. Don’t take no for an answer.
I had a horrific not at fault claim through Shannon’s regarding my XB GT. I went through 3 assessor’s and two repairers, the first being their own preferred repairer. I explained to the assessor and owner of the panel shop I was a panel beater and would go over the repair with a fine tooth comb. I’ll leave it at that.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: