View Single Post
Old 22-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #26
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Telsa busting while the big 4 car manufacturers are booming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
You are absolutely correct about what energy source powers those ev chargers, what i cant understand in this day & age, where is the onboard self charger?

If i can think of a few ways for it to work, why cant the smart well paid innovators/inventors think something up, imo its not hard but maybe the science (a belt driven generator etc) is a step back tech wise for it to work.

cheers, Maka
Now THAT would be a good deal. If solar panels were efficient enough and were integrated into the vehicles body panels how good would that be, even solar panel covered car parks.

People will laugh, but how about steam! Use a very low boiling point liquid, burn natural gas. Not suitable for our jump in and go world but hey, it’s an idea. Even an exhaust driven alternator to recover the masses of lost energy in the ICE exhaust. Nothing new there, PRT( power recovery turbines) were used in aviation piston technology in the 50’s.

I do tip my cap to Tesla, it’s raised awareness and that’s a good thing. Hey, I don’t even care about it’s 0 to 100 acceleration, they do of course because that’s what EVs are capable of performing.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: