Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #290
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
I used to have a petrol weedeater edger that I absolutely loved. When the cord return stuffed up, it had to go unfortunately.

Some time prior to the edger dying, I had purchased a Ryobi 18V One+ battery drill, to replace my older battery drills that had the batteries fail on them. i bought the Ryobi because of the potential versatility of having many tools all running from the same battery system. My brother in law is an upholsterer and is very hard on his battery drills, and he found that the Ryobi One+ battery drills were very hardy for the price, compared to some other industrial brands (such as Makita, Milwauke etc) that he had used previously.

Fast forward to the petrol edger failing, and I decided to get a Ryobi edger skin to replace it. After doing a little bit of research on the internet, I found that most reviews of the edger were pretty positive. Thought I'd have nothing to lose by giving it a go, so Mum ended up getting it for me as a present.

Well, to say that I am impressed is an understatement. This thing is extremely easy to use, a lot less messy and noisy than the petrol version (as you would expect), is lightweight, does a great job and does not even use up a whole 2.5Ah battery.

Worth considering if you are in the market for something along those lines.

Just like I punned with DFB FGXR6's new toy ...Cutting edge tech... The closest I've come to an edger is the ones with the sharp wheel that you push with your foot..Nah...I used to use my line trimmer but yours and DFB's look like the way to go..Can't beat the purpose built too meant for the job ..An 18 V battery one sounds like a tidy unit ..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote