View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
F6E

Default Re: "P" Cars from FPV - Pre-production Cars

Dug up this ancient thread on "P" cars.

I asked the question a few months ago re: the "P" in build numbers. Mine is P02.

I then asked FPV and in a long winded, email tennis affair, they finally sent me a letter that just lists "pre-production" as option 1H. I had asked for an explanation on the "P" and this was their best effort.

I bought the car about 2 months ago with under 5000 kms, yet it was well over a year old. (seduced by the $30K under replacement RRP ). I have doubled the odo reading in two short months !!

It even still has that "new car" smell.
It is/was immaculate in and out, not a single scratch/mark inside, evident ar$e creases on drivers seat (typical Ford leather).
Outside there is evidence of spray touch ups on two rims, front bar (stone chips) and more of concern the rear bar...?
Tyres were not brand new and consistant with 5k km of normal wear, not 5K km of my driving atm . If they were brand spankers after 5000km the alarm bells would be deafening
Unlike contributors to the "FG squeaks & rattles" thread this car has nil unwanted sound effects.

If this car was a thrash/press/test/ mule then I would suggest FPV have a few too manny Nanas on staff !

So thumbs up for "P" cars ..............

current rides.....
F6E - Cooler, Cat, CAI, Flash, 20's, SSL's - 317 rwkw : 9/10
BFII - Workhorse yoot : 6/10

past bitches of note.....
E60 M5 - V10 excess, the pinacle : 11/10
VE SSV - 102000 trouble free Kms : 9/10
VZ Cross8 - V8 AWD, great allrounder. : 8/10
BA XR8 - Fat & Slow : 3/10
XH XR6 - 8/10
XG S - 7.5/10
F6E is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: