View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: AU1 Brakes Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by camute View Post
Hi there,,
Have read with great interests your comments.
Im not far off doing a brake overhaul on AU1 Fairmont wagon.
Have a real spongy pedal so am going to install new mastercylinder,has signs of a slight leak, caliper kits, braided lines which i already have.
Just wondering if theres any benefit in fitting DBA T2 Slotted Rotors over standard Protex rotors which i already have.
Would you recommend replacing just the fronts or do front and rears with slotted rotors.
Also what good quality pads in the front and rear would you recommend.
I know many people upgrade to series 2 and 3 brakes, but im hoping to achieve a half decent result with the series 1 gear.
Many thanks for your time,
Cam.
Cam thanks for making contact and the reason most guys upgrade to series 2 or 3 is that the series 1 brakes are not very good and to modify the fronts is a big job.
If you went slotted all round with a good set of brake pads you will notice a difference in your braking but if the std brakes on this car have been adequate for you in the past then the std protex rotors and a good set of brake pads should be fine if you dont change your driving style.
DB1108 and DB1086 are the pad numbers and we can supply you some good street pads from $70 upwards but performance pads are limited.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote