View Single Post
Old 20-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #50
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 
Default Re: Wheels That Fit Brembo Brakes

Clutching At Straws Dept:
According to Bendix and other sources, the Lexus IS F and a couple of Mercs also use the same front pads. Meaning that it's probably the same front caliper (ie Brembo 6 piston).

http://bendix.com.au/catalogue?manuf...t=&part=DB1845

So, when searching for wheels overseas, it would seem to be useful to look for wheels that also fit:
Mercedes-Benz SLK Class: Jun 2004 - NOW
Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG: 2004 - NOW
Lexus IS F

Merc is a different stud pattern to Falcon, but the wheel shape should clear Brembos. Lexus is the same stud pattern so it's just a matter of checking the offset.

I'm still looking for suitable wheels for my taxi. I decided on BA XR8 rims a while ago because I need something with a simple five spoke design that's easy to keep clean.

Unfortunately, it turns out that BA XR8 drivers are completely incapable of driving more than a few metres without finding a kerb to smash into, so all the wheels that I come across are too scratched. Very frustrating. My nice shiny brand new new Brembo calipers are feeling very abandoned.

The search continues...
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote