View Single Post
Old 14-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #472
Captain Risky
Starter Motor

Default Re: Wheel & Tyre combo's - Coupe

Ha ha, I assume you refer to the xb four door in the tv insurance ads? It was out of commission following the recent speedway debacle however it will return bigger, more wonderful and more powerful than ever! I have recently concocted a intake system of 8x 350 holley carburettors and 2x superchargers on an ingenious cross ram manifold of my own design ;), with which I will attempt to jump the main crocodile pool at Australia Zoo. While still negotiation the fine minuta with the Irwin family at the present, and working hard to tune out the massive holley dead spot, I am confident with the tremendous power from my new setup I will not fail!

On a more serious note I scored a pair of 15x10 sampsons in 5" backspace on the weekend, bought brand new by the seller 30 something yrs ago, never fitted to a car, in amazing condition they dont even need polishing! Ive read this thread start to finish several time, I noticed old mate with these rims on his cobra has 5 1/4 backspace.
Are my rims fine to use as is or should I machine the extra 1/4 in from them before the tyres get fitted?

Captain Risky eagerley awaits a reply....

Last edited by Captain Risky; 14-11-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Captain Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: