View Single Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #38
dishpig
Only an xr6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
I heard of an XA GT coupe down your way on someones front lawn, wouldn't sell as it was his son's, who died in an accident a while back..

theres an XB ute nearer to adelaide under an old couples carport, clearly visible from the road.hasn't been driven or moved for years, but looks rust and dent free. covered in a foot of dust tho.. I stopped in to ask about it, and the old lady screamed "its not for sale!" at me and s;lammed the door in my face. I'm guessing they get a lot of door knockers... I'm also thinking it may be a similar situation to the XA i mentioned above..

And up until very recently, just up the road from that ute was an XB GS coupe. under the carport at a unit in a group of housing trust units.
This thing was sweeet.. covered with a proper cover, blankets under the cover, and over the seats etc..
Belonged to an 80+yo woman, I spoke to her several times, the story was It was a 1st anniversary present from her husband, (bought brand new), not long after he was in an accident at sea (Navy) and died. she drove the coupe for a while, but then parked it up one day. had something like 50,000k's on it. always looked after it tho, never let it get dusty etc.
the one day i drove past and it was gone. neighbours said she was put in a home, and they weren't sure who took the coupe... :(
If that xb ute is as good as you say it is I'd be willing to give them my car for it. That's my dream classic car that I want to restore. That's the only thing in the world I would bother restoring. In my opinion utes are ten times sexier then sedans i'd even go so far as too say i'd rather a xb ute other a coupe.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote