View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #42
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Quotable Quotes.

Churchill the age of the sage:

I am easily satisfied with the very best.

Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense

If this is a blessing, it is certainly very well disguised.

Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.

We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out.

There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Mr. Attlee is a very modest man. Indeed he has a lot to be modest about.

The price of greatness is responsibility.

You ask what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory however long and hard the road may be. For without victory there is no survival.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Today we may say aloud before an awe-struck world, 'We are still masters of our fate. We still are captain of our souls.'

I have not fear of the future. Let us go forward into its mysteries, let us tear aside the veils which hide it from our eyes, and let us move onward with confidence and courage.
zipping is online now   Reply With Quote