View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #5
Mondaveo

Wink Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Linking for reference:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11442105

Okay, I think I can try doing the fluid level check, or getting a mechanic to do it for me (depends on the price difference after buying fluid). Can the car remain on the ground while I do it? Is there a proper way of checking that it's level?

I doubt the Hill Launch Assist could have much to do with it; my understanding is it just holds the brake for you (so you don't need to keep holding the foot pedal) until you start moving.

----
So I discovered today that it seems the car is throwing P0715 more frequently than I suspected, and also that it apparently sometimes (often?) clears the code on its own. I didn't actually recall clearing the P0715:2F-26 myself, but figured that I must have.

Today drove to the shop, and on arrival saw it had stored P0715:2F-27. After restarting the code was gone, but then after arriving at the mall found it had P0715:2F-2E. I think that one must have cleared as well, as now I have P0715:2F-28, but I think this one must have persisted as it says "Previously set DTC".

I think I'm heading toward the inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote