View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #431
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Why is it (now not all young people) some young people can't get their heads around the process and practice of driving a manual transmission. To be fair, my parents only ever owned autos and for personal cars it's auto for me, work cars, my boss is a cheapskate so they have always been manuals. Yes every clutch is different but it's not that hard to work it out. There are a few young guys at work who cannot get their head around the purpose of the third pedal. I cop stupid questions about why the car turns off when stopped and why it lurches forwards when trying to be restarted. Common sense denotes a car needs a certain minimum amount of revs to idle so push the damn clutch in and its not going to be a problem. It's basic life skills. I had one guy tell he just left my old van in second to drive around at 50 when doing my running around. That's pretty much red lining the crappy van. When asked did the thing scream like a banshee, the response was 'sounded fine'. Banned. No more drive my work car. I've been given an upgrade, still a manual, and the ban has not been lifted. Said apprenti (now fresh and terrible tradesman) has now had his job threatened due to his inability to drive what is a seemingly easy manual.
Ask them if gunshots are loud. I wouldn't be surprised by their answer.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote