View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 04:44 PM   #66
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Default Re: December 2018 vFacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint XR8 View Post
Holden sold 112,680 in 1961 including exports.

I haven't found 1961's export numbers yet. But in 1960 Holden exported 10,672 and in 1964 13,693 exports were a record number at the time.

Holden sold at least 100k in Aus in 1961.

I think Dowling has only looked at Holden's passenger car figures for 1961 and missed the light commercial (ute) numbers.
Thanks mate, I was sure the number was wrong but couldn't find the right one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Fleet sales done properly is good for business.
There's nothing wrong with fleet sales to daily Rentals provided the vehicles are the same as retail trim, it's the old fleet strippers and taxis that hurt retail values.

Similarly, commercial fleet sales are also good business provided the discount is not excessive, companies generally make a profit from them although not as much as retail sales.

The reason that Toyota are now so strong is that they have all bases covered in fleet and retail, that's not to say they are dumping into fleets,more that they have a very balanced business..
Ford & Holden definitely got the fleet discount aspect wrong, killed the resale and one of the reasons the local cars died. Fleet can be very healthy, good 'service at the dealer' business. Pulling right out of it or otherwise killing sales, I wouldn't want to be a Ford or Holden dealer now...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote