View Single Post
Old 30-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #26
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: 1958 zephyr ute mk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezbo-BAXR8 View Post
Hi Foxtrot3,
I plan to fit a 347 Windsor to the Zephyr when I get her back to Melbourne, I was considering fitting an FG 6, but I love the V8!. I've heard about using commodore struts, but not sure about the K frame. Does the Zephyr K frame need to be changed over to a VL commodore K frame to suit the V8? I'm looking for advice, as this is my first build. I love the Mk 2 Zephyrs!
Cheers,
Tez
Hi. The zephyr never had a K frame to start with, just a 2 inch tube cross member to support the engine and the lower control arm inner pivot. Fore and aft movement of the outer end of the lower control arm was by the sway bar that had a pivot under the front of the chassis rail. If they have put a complete commondoor front end in it they will have needed to have used the holden K frame to mount the lwr control arm inner pivots to and to mount the steering rack off. With the K frame, like the zephyr cross member you can use almost any front sump windsor or early 250. You would need to check sway bar clearance with the holden front end and must a left hand starter to clear the steering rack. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote