View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #84
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez WQ
Paul Gover is a Holden man ...... He probably suggested you buy a barina. LOL

The Fiestas is being out sold due to supply issues as is the focus as is the ranger. The Fiesta is also due for an update soon. And the fiesta is hurt by having a high price tag. The focus is to close in price.

Ford currently have the best line up of cars they have had for a long time.

Carsguide was miss guided by a person who had a bad experience with his car...... $10000 worth of rust issues in his car. This car must have been driven in to ocean by the owner.

And pinging is a common in modern cars brought about by and caused usually by increased fuel consumption gains. VW have issues with this .BUT most of the time it is NOT an issue as engine management systems are in place to prevent any problems.
Saying that VW have replaced at least 500+ polo engines. My mate has a VW Jetta diesel his is so noisy with pinging you can here him coming- VW insist is it normal!!!!

What you have is NORMAL

Get over it or put it up on blocks till you sell it
What utter rubbish. Of all your posts this is by far the most non-sensical: why are you so desparate to convince everyone pinging is normal? You believe it is, so who cares?

Okay, firstly: This forum needs to get over its 'Carsguide hates Ford' mantra (I suggest you read the thread 'Carsguide is at it again' in the pub section). They are pretty much fair against all manufacturers - the only reason Ford is over represented in reader's complaints department is because they usually have at least one letter per week regarding ball joints with the Territory.

Fiesta supply issues? LOL. Really? There is no supply issue (delivery varies between 1-2 weeks, depending on colour chosen): there is also no price issue: the CL is only $500 more than the inferior Mazda 2 and represents great value for money. No: they aren't selling for other reasons, reasons that are far more ingrained than mere value.

Ford currently have their best line up? Let's examine that.

Fiesta is getting outsold by the 2 and the Yaris (and occasionally the very poor i20, a poor cousin to the Rio who will continue to struggle because of the stigma of its name). The Focus is being pants by the 3 and the Corolla. The Mondeo, while a very good car, is priced out of the market (as I fear Opel will be when it relaunches here with some great cars) and as such is being flogged by the Camry, amongst others. And need I mention the Falcon? Oh dear. The only Ford doing any numbers of note atm is the Territory (thanks to a cynical rebodying exercise and the fitment of an old Landie diesel thats 10 years old), Once this honeymoon period ends (give it til Xmas) the Territory will be back doing the poor numbers Ford was so alarmed at just before its 'relaunch.' So argue about the quality of the lineup all you want: the facts are they ain't selling sufficient numbers to make any CEO happy: and any Geelong workers very nervous...

Carsguide was mislead by just me, hey? Again, wow. Just wow. Yes, that's right, I was the only one to complain, and the based their entire review on my views alone. LOL. Car into the ocean? **** poor sarcasm champ or, more probably in your case, you believe that to be the truth: again, the Fair Trading Dept. had to force Ford Aus to do the right thing.... Not a good look. Anyways, the Carsguide Used Car article clearly states that pinging was a very common complaint that wasn't rectified by using a higher grade of fuel. They received a shedload of complaints. When they receive only a few, they state it: when they receive a lot, they state that too. (And again, if pinging in 'modern' cars wasn't an issue, it wouldn't have made it as a major 'problem', but I digress)...

You can continue to bang on about pinging being normal in modern cars (the very line Ford CRC wishes you to believe, just like rust...) but I challenge you this:

1. Try speaking to Croydon Motorsport: see if they agree with you.
2. Try speaking to Herrod: see if they agree with you. (Hint: I bet they don't)
3. Go, like I did, and drive other Fezs with the same engine spec - if what you say is true then they will all ping (Hint: they don't).
4. Finally, start a thread, in the pub section of this forum entitled: 'Pinging is great for your engine - it is normal, embrace it' and see how many members agree with you - if it is normal it should well over 90% (Hint: I bet they don't).

And let me clarify: the 500 Polos recalled were PETROL. Now, I'm going to slow down here to make sure you get this cos the next bit is tricky: petrol and diesel engines (like your mate's Jetta) are different. And because they are different, they make different noises! Incredible hey! When a petrol engine pings and rattles similarly to a diesel - that's not a good thing. So VW saying a VW diesel should sound like a diesel: that is correct, and is also why they recalled 500 petrol Polos for pinging. Seriously, citing a diesel as an example of pinging in petrol engines is just, well, the site's filters won't let me say it....

Again, after this, I cbf debating with someone who has clearly demonstrated on numerous occasions they really have no idea about what they are talking (inlc. trying to pass fiction off as fact several times). Hence which makes any response null and void (ie a waste of time). Just stay on your own Ford PR spam thread on here (on which I haven't bothered to mention the problems you have encountered with Ford before - as mentioned elsewhere in the Fez section). Finally, if I was a sole, dissatisfied customer then it wouldn't matter one iota: however I suggest you read the 'Dale Ford - rip' thread in the Pub section: where dozens of members who had had shonky experiences with the dealership spoke out, I was but one. Considering 99% of Dale Ford's customers aren't on this forum, one can only imagine how bad things were.

The proof is in the pudding: the reputation of Ford has been sullied by chronic mismanagement and incompetence on many levels; thus why dealerships like Dale Ford are closing as buyers desert the brand (and Dale Ford used to be Sydney's flagship store too) - and the effects of which are cars that, in isolation, are pretty decent, simply not selling because, especially thanks to the web, buyers are becoming connected and savvy.

You seem desperate to convince all and sundry that a pinging car is normal and there are no problems with Ford or any of their products. Like all car companies, yes, there are problems. Yet it is the way Ford Aus deals with problems that sets them so far apart (and below) other brands. If they don't turn things around asap, a truckload of innocent Aussie workers will lose their jobs. I for one will never buy a Ford again. Neither will any of my relatives or co-workers (one who which recently bought a Yaris instead of a Fez after hearing about mny problems, despite me trying to convince her the Yaris would be worse..... doesn't ping, mind). I've already mentioned that a friend bought a 3 instead of a Focus after I directed her to the thread 'Focus Lemon Help' and let her read it and make up her own mind (don't tell me, FezWQ: that poor owner was being oversensitive too?) Ford is well aware of my car but simply refuses to fix it: and its all about saving a few bucks. Too bad its costs them several sales, at a time when the company in Aus (Ford Europe is a totally different beast, one we could only wish for here) is nearing its lowest ebb.....

Unlike yourself FezWQ, who believes that a viable solution to any pinging from the engine is to 'turn up the stereo' (that's from one of your earlier posts) other people, people who have been in the industry for decades and have built some of Australia's fastest cars, know better.

Schools over.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote